Over the past couple of months, I've been pushed to go back to my conjure roots (if you'll pardon the pun lol). My earliest introduction to wyrd working and magic came via good old southern style hoodoo and this type of need driven working quite literally saved my life more than once in my twenties. I haven't done a lot with it lately but it's a comfortable thing for me, like coming home, or wrapping up in a warm blanket before a crackling fire, or like one of those pieces of nickel sized polished glass that used to be sold in the 70s as 'worry stones' (I"m dating myself here, folks). There's a sigh of comfortable recognition when I settle down to do this work.
So more and more the past few months, I've been feeling a distinct push to do more conjure work. Every conjure person that I know (or most of us anyway) have certain "specialties," or certain types of work that we either really like to do, or have a particular talent for doing. I have a couple of areas I like to work in, and over the next few weeks, I'll very likely be posting other entries talking about my hoodoo work and offering services. For now, I'm going to be offering candle work, what in hoodoo parlance is called setting of lights.
What does setting of lights entail? Well, essentially it's candle magic. It involves selecting an appropriate candle (depending on the nature of the client's request), dressing it (with herbs and oils), charging it, praying over it, placing it on a special altar for this purpose along with the client's petition and whatever information the client sends, lighting and tending it for however long the candle requires, watching the way it burns, and checking the resulting wax for any divinatory omens, and reporting back to the client when the candle is finished.
I am now offering setting of lights for the following purposes:
1. Love (I will not do coercive love magic. I will set lights for a client to open him or herself up to love, to draw a new lover, to increase the passion and desire in a relationship, and to heal the wounds in a relationship. Included under 'love' magic are candles to repair damaged friendships, or to strengthen existing friendships as well as sexual/romantic relationships).
2. Luck and Money (I will do candles to draw money, help you keep money, untangle difficult financial situations, to acquire luck in love and money, to find a good job, find a home/apartment, to gain success in general, and to overcome obstacles. I will also do candles for personal courage).
3. Uncrossing Candles (My favorite type of candle to do, this includes "opening the way' candles to clear away obstacles and blockages, uncrossing candles to remove any witchery or negative crap, and candles to clear away deception and psychic gunk).
4. Health and well-being (any type of blessing, candles to bring about a peaceful and calm home, to restore health and vitality, to ask for blessings, and also to ask for sexual potency).
5. Protection (a general candle to keep you safe from harm, malice, witchery, and misfortune, candles to augment personal shielding, candles to drive away malignant influences, and candles to protect in specific circumstances (like travel, court, etc.)).
6. Additionally, I will do candles to specific holy Powers to ask for blessings or say thank you on behalf of clients.
I am charging $25 for this service. If you would like to have me set lights for you, please contact me at krasskova at gmail.com. Include your name (legal name and if you have one, magical or religious), your birthday, a picture if you can, and a description of what you want. I reserve the right to refuse any request. Occasionally this type of work requires light divination. This is included in the initial fee.
I'll be posting more about my conjure work in the future. Be sure to check out the tags "conjure work," "services," and "setting lights" for updates on my candle work and other services offered.